- What is one's filing status when a spouse dies during the year? Does one need to attach the death certificate to the tax return?
- If I'm married, must I file as married?
- Can I file as single even though my divorce is not final? I did not live with my spouse at all this year.
- Am I better off filing as head of household or as a qualified widow?
- Now that my wife and I live apart, should we file a joint return or separate ones and both claim head of household? We have no children.
- If unmarried parents are living together with their child for the entire year, and both parents are contributing to the cost of maintaining the household for the child and themselves, may they both file as head of household?