- My former spouse and I share physical custody of our young child and we both have custody for the same number of days during the year. Which of us is the custodial parent?
- How do we claim an exemption for our child born in December when we don't have her Social Security number?
- I am a single parent with a qualifying child. We live with my mother in her home. The child's other parent did not live with us. My mother and I share the expenses. My AGI is $25,000. My mother's AGI is $32,000. Who can claim my child as a dependent?
- I attend college full time, work, and live with my father. Can I file and claim my own exemption, or should my father claim me as a dependent?
- My ex-spouse is claiming the dependency exemption for our son, even though our divorce agreement names me as custodial parent. He claims that because he had physical custody of our son for most of the year, he gets the exemption. Is this true?