Submit a request


What do I need to do to claim the child and dependent care credit for my daughter in day care?

You will need to file Form 2441 with your return. The child care expense must be to allow you to work or seek work and you will need the name, address and EIN or SSN of the provider and the address of where the services are provided. Keep track of the checks or payments that you make to the provider and the period of time covered by each payment. This information is used to prepare the tax return, but is not submitted to the IRS.