Submit a request


I am collecting Social Security benefits as well as other income and it is possible that some of my benefits will be taxed. Which form do I need to use?

You may use either Form 1040 or Form 1040A to report taxable social security benefits. The instructions for both those forms have a worksheet that you may use to calculate the taxable portion. You can also use the IRS Interactive Tax Assistant to compute the taxable portion.