Submit a request


Do you pay tax yearly on the interest on CDs or when the CDs are cashed?

You report interest income received on Certificates of Deposit (CDs) in the year the interest is credited to your account. Each January, the financial institution that holds the CD will send you a Form 1099-INT, which shows the interest income you must report.